Chatham Aeronauts
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
August 21, 2017, 08:28:32 PM

:    
Welcome to the Chatham Aeronauts forum!
2321 691 40
: Vlad
+  Chatham Aeronauts
|-+  Aeronauts General
| |-+  Helicopter
| | |-+  Swash Mix
« previous next »
: [1]
: Swash Mix  ( 3989 )
Brooksy

« : May 25, 2011, 08:50:10 PM »

Although I could probably find the answer for this question online, I figured you guys may know. I am attempting to program my Blade 400 into my DX8.

What is the purpose of inputting 'negative value' into the swashmix settings?  I am having a tough time understanding why there are recommendations that say -75% Ail, -75% Elev, and +85% Pitch as listed in the Blade 400 setup sheets.  I am not sure what this does and would love clarification.....especially before I fly it.
After inputting the settings in the Blade 400 including the reverse settings I had one servo that was not responding correctly.  When I went away from what the manual is asking for and reversed one of the servos from where the manual said it should be, everything appeared to function correctly.
I checked to make sure that my servo wires are installed into the rx correctly....and they are.
I guess I'm wondering why I needed to reverse a servo that was listed as normal.  I am programming the 400 into my DX8 and the instructions are for a DX6i....but I can't see that being any kind of issue.
Would messing with the 'negative values' work similar to reversing the function of the servo?

Brooksy

« #1 : May 30, 2011, 01:45:13 PM »

Found my answers on the internet.......

Hoeser

« #2 : June 09, 2011, 02:06:45 PM »

You should have facebooked me on that, I never check here.

Brooksy

« #3 : June 09, 2011, 06:40:48 PM »

Didn't figure you to be a facebook fan.  Where the heck have you been?  I will probably need a bit of your expertise when I set these things up for my next heli flight.

Hoeser

« #4 : August 29, 2011, 11:03:39 AM »

I've been working 60 hours a week for IBM. It's been a busy summer... I've been flying in the back yard at my new place though. My yard backs onto a couple acres of high school field.

: [1]  
« previous next »
: